The Spannerhead Seven™ for 2012
For the second year running, let’s compile a list of the the seven most enjoyable/significant automotive publications of the past 365 days, the Spannerhead Seven™:
- Autoblog. A mainstay of the online automotive press, this site’s opinions are almost always right on the money, and their motorsport coverage (esp. F1) is top-notch as well.
- Autoextremist. Essays on the automotive industry from a former insider, the language is cutting, the writing razor sharp and the insights spot-on.
- Car and Driver. A pillar of the automotive media world, Car and Driver‘s reporting and features are frequently impudent and always interesting.
- Left Lane News. Often first with breaking developments in the automotive world, Left Lane provides eminent reporting and commentary on political and car industry-wide happenings.
- Motoring Con Brio. Fantastic photography and pitch-perfect taste in cars highlight this beautiful blog. The editor’s Monday “grab bags” are not to be missed.
- Tamerlane’s Thoughts. One of my new favorites, this one has a little of everything, from thoughts on upcoming cars like the new Tesla Model S to ruminations on classics and a host of other topics as well.
- Top Gear. An institution among car buffs, Top Gear is the standard by which all (and I do mean all) automotive shows are judged. Highlights of 2012 for the program include the India Special (technically broadcast on the 28th of December 2011, but we’ll count it for this year) and especially the 50 Years of Bond Cars feature.
Thanks to all of you for reading these past 12 months. See you next year!