Spannerhead Dot ComSpannerhead.com

Enjoy Spannerhead? Connect with us on Twitter and Facebook!

A Staging Hiatus

August 13, 2013 by Matt

Dragstrip Christmas Tree

My regular readers may have noticed something of a dip in my posting frequency of late, and I think an explanation may be in order: I’m very close to making a job-related move out of state. As a result of the increased activity and the fact that my evenings will frequently be booked with house preparation and other move- and job-related activities, expect the posting frequency to die down for at least a few weeks, until I establish a beachhead in the new locale.

I apologize for the brief slowdown. Hopefully very soon, I’ll be able to post pictures and/or videos of my cars in their new home. Wish us luck as we make the transition!

Filed under: Blog

10 Comments

1. Ryan says:

Well I hope where ever you are going you find a house with a nice big garage! Good luck with the move.

2. Yes, good luck and hope you start posting again! Where are you headed?

• Matt says:

Thanks! I’ll definitely still be posting; just wanted to offer an explanation for the longer-than-usual delay between entries. I’ve got a good Interesting Engines post about the Wärtsilä-Sulzer RTA96-C lined up ready to go, among others.

Moving to Chattanooga, Tennessee. Looking forward to some nice driving roads and scenery. It’s pretty close to Deal’s Gap as well. :)

3. My idea of heaven. Consider yourself very, very lucky!

4. John D says:

What a coincidence. I’m moving next week (just a local move a few miles away, so not as big of a chore). Unfortunately it only has a one car garage, which will be taken up as storage space for tools and other manly things. My truck wouldn’t fit in it anyway and Kristi hasn’t really used her side of the garage in over a year, so I know we can live without it. This isn’t the house of our dreams, but we will probably be there for a year or two while we look for something with some land (and a bigger garage!).

5. John D says:

You moved yet? C’mon already…

• Matt says:

Is there something you’d like to discuss? ;)

• John D says:

No…I just miss being either entertained or informed.

On a happy note, I did just wash my truck for the first time this year. Sad, I know. Looks sharp, tho.

On a even happier note, we also just found out that baby #4 is on the way! (And yours is the first blog I’ve posted it on. You’re welcome.) Now let’s see what you can do to top that. A news-related event, that is…not the having 4 kids part… ;)